The Megger TDR2010 Time Domain Reflectometer is a state of the art, dual channel, high resolution, compact Time Domain Reflectometer with a color screen for locating faults on paired metallic cables. The TDR2010 has a minimum resolution of 0.1m/0.3ft and a 20km/60kft maximum range depending on the velocity factor selected and the cable type. Five output impedances are available (25, 50, 75, 100, 125 ohms) and an auto impedance matching feature. The velocity factor can be set between 0.2 and 0.99 to meet any cable test requirements.
The TDR2010 has a large, high resolution, color, WVGA display with easy set up features. Directional control buttons together with soft keys, provide intuitive and easy operation for the user. The AUTO selection option ensures that the most effective parameters are selected depending on the range required, aiding rapid diagnosis of the TDR trace. The ability to manually override the auto function allows fine tuning to enable identification of hard to determine faults.
- Trace tagging function
- Comprehensive dual channel capability with dual aspect display
- AuTo set up mode for instant use
- ultra fast pulse for near end fault identification
- Xpert guidance to potential fault
- ip54 rating offers real life working
- Designed for use on all metallic paired cables
- Backlit graphics color LCD (800×480)
- Adjustable display contrast
- Resolution to 0.1 m
- Trace Xpert guide to potential fault location
- 100 trace on board memory
- USB connection to PC allowing upload and download of traces
- “TraceXpert” PC software analysis tool
- For use on Telecom TNV-3 circuit, or 150V CAT IV power circuits
- Power blocking filter built-in
- Environmental protection to IP54
- Selectable output impedance (25, 50, 75,100 and 125 Ω)
- 2ns pulse for near end fault location
- AUTO option selecting gain and pulse for each range
- AUTO option matches output impedance to cable
- Display distance in metres or feet
- Li-ion rechargeable battery (12 hours typical life)
The addition of the trace tagging function allows the user to maintain accurate records of circuit details against every saved result. This is retrieved into the TraceExpert software for inclusion in the master record and for use on reports.
100 internal trace memories provide for the storage and recall of test results. The traces can be recalled to the display for analysis or compared with an active display to aid in fault location.
Alternatively the stored results can be downloaded to a computer, via the USB port, using the TraceXpert software and USB lead provided.
Megger’s own built-in Xpert mode allows for speedy identification of faults. One press of the Xpert key automatically adjusts the range and gain, and positions the cursor to the first major event on the cable. Press the Xpert key again and the TDR2010 will jump to the next detected disturbance.
For those who wish to maintain manual control, manual operation allows full override access to refine the response for easy fault identification.
TraceXpert PC software
The TDR2010 comes complete with the Megger TraceXpert software which gives full control over downloading, reporting and uploading of saved trace results. Designed around a database and programmed for ease of use and simplicity, TraceXpert offers the ideal application for all your data processing requirements.